Wednesday 8 April 2015

Jump on that bandwagon


One of the “Products of 2015” in my world is the Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation. My friend Nicole is a staunch supporter of this foundation and she has been wearing it for years. She started wearing it when it was first launched back in 2010 as she needed something to help her with slight rosacea she was experiencing. It was actually around Christmas time of this year during a shopping trip with her and Natalie that we realized they wore the same foundation. About a year and a half ago Natalie went into a Shoppers and with the help of a beauty advisor, tried every single foundation they had. She hated all of them. Exasperated, she agreed to try the Clinique Redness Solutions as a last option, and instantly fell in love. Both her and Nicole wave that Clinique flag loud and proud, and constantly rave about the merits of this Holy Grail of foundation. I asked them both a series of questions because I was so curious as to why they loved it so much. It is to the point where you can’t even suggest trying another one, as they both Exorcist-style spin their heads around to glare daggers at me and hiss…. greatly offended at the mere suggestion.

 

Why do you like the Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation so much?

Nicole – The coverage is good, it goes on evenly and it feels so much like a moisturizer. I really love it.

Natalie – It’s not too heavy, which is a big no-no with me and gives you a dewy finish. I am all about a natural makeup look, and this gives me the perfect amount of coverage without leaving me feeling cakey.

 

What is your favourite thing, above all, about it?

Nicole – It covers my redness perfectly.

Natalie – It leaves me looking fresh and dewy.

 

How do you apply it?

Nicole – (In a hushed tone) With my fingers. This inspires a “spirited” debate between all three of us… ending with Natalie being so offended she started sprinting down the highway to Sephora, ready to buy Nicole a foundation brush. I kid. (Not really).

Natalie – With a flat foundation brush to apply the product on my face and then using my Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush I buff it into my skin.

 

What made you want to try using this particular foundation?

Nicole – I went to the Clinique counter and asked them if they had anything to help with rosacea. The lady showed me the Redness Solutions Foundation and I have been hooked on it ever since!

Natalie – It was the only one I liked after trying 37 different ones in the store and now I am obsessed!

 

 

Well…. I needed to see what the fuss was about for myself. During a makeup shopping trip with my friend Maegen we both decided to try this foundation and experience it for ourselves. We both bought it for the same reasons…. Maegen said she wanted to try it because Nicole loved it and I wanted to try it because these two chicks (Natalie and Nicole) would not stop talking about it. I should add…. Both girls have BEAUTIFUL skin to begin with. They don’t even need foundation whatsoever, they look like little porcelain dolls. So I was hesitant, because I look like the evil witch from Snow White without foundation on. I NEED heavy coverage. After purchasing it, I’ve worn it on a few lazy weekend days where I was just running errands and I really liked it. Not enough to trade in my Lancome Teint Idole (let’s not get carried away here) but I really liked how it felt on my skin. Nicole was very right, it feels like a moisturizer. And Natalie was also dead on in saying it gives you such a “fresh” look. If you have redness-prone skin and you are looking for a more “natural” look, then I think this is a great option for you. And it retails for around $33 so it’s a lot less expensive than most other high-end foundations.

 

Be right back, just have to break up a fistfight about makeup brushes between my friends.
A Clinique foundation sandwich with Lancome in the middle. I have hot friends.
 

2 comments:

  1. Lol! This is too funny! I cried laughing. I would not let up until Nicole agreed to buy the Urban Decay brush and after a small demonstration in her office this morning I am happy to say that she has agreed ��.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is your new name is now Shamwow. "Look at my hand Brianne.... do you see how beautiful the brush makes the foundation? Do you see? DO YOU SEE???"

    ReplyDelete